INCREASE IN THEFT OUT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Diep River SAPS would like to appeal to the community be vigilant when parking their motor vehicles. We have noticed an increase in the reporting of Theft Out Of Motor Vehicles, especially in the Plumstead Central Business District (CBD) area and surrounds.
The follow tips can be considered:
Make sure your car is locked by:
· manually testing it (pull on the driver’s door handle)
· Never push the lock button as you’re walking away
· Keep an eye out for your surroundings and any suspicious people around the area.
· Report any suspicious behaviour to the South African Police Service as soon as you can.
· Never leave valuables in your car.
DIEP RIVER-On 2023-01-24 at about 13:00 members attached to Diep River SAPS responded to a Business Robbery at a Local Spaza in Victoria Road, Southfield. It is alleged that three unknown males entered the shop, of which one was armed with a firearm and pointed the complainant. They took an undisclosed amount of monies, cigarettes and deodorant.
The suspects then fled in an unknown white sedan shaped vehicle, direction to the Prince George Drive M5. No shots were fired and no injuries reported on scene.
A case of Business Robbery was opened and is being investigated. Anyone with further information may contact Detective Warrant Officer Sean Lawrence on 021 710 7355/56. Anonymous reporting on 08600 10111 or via the My SAPs App (from the Google, Apple or App Gallery Store).
Sergeant Zak Marais
079 894 0105