On behalf of all of our Committees, we thank ALL of our fantastic Patrollers, CVIC Controllers, Law Enforcement Auxiliaries and Permanents, SAPS Members permanent and reservists, Security Service Providers, Paramedics and OPS Management for their excellent service provided to our Valley as a whole. Your time spent out there on the streets is the key element to keeping our Community safe, and collectively we can all be very proud of what we’ve achieved.
In support of all the hard work you do as Patrollers, we continue as an Association to drive our key objectives to:
- Heighten awareness of the local residents to the extent of criminal activity within the Valley and surrounding areas.
- Encourage and promote cooperation and sharing between the different neighbourhoods in the Valley.
- Elicit the support of residents, businesses, organisations and bodies operating within the Valley to achieve the common goal.
- Provide a comprehensive crime monitoring and reporting mechanism from which all residents, businesses, organisations and bodies in the Valley may benefit and participate in to curb crime.
- Liaise with and build on the relationships between the Watches, SAPS, the CPFs in the Valley and private security services providers, support them, and provide information that may assist in the detection, prosecution and conviction of criminals.
- Negotiate with and monitor the efficiency of SSPs to ensure that they operate in the best interests of the Watches and the CVWA.
- Maximise the benefits that may arise from the pooling and sharing of resources and expertise that has been built in the Watches.
- Recognise the vulnerability and strengths of purely voluntary Watches, and support their efforts with a sustainable and economically viable professional crime monitoring operation for the Valley, managed and controlled by the CVWA.
- Liaise with areas outside of the Valley for the purposes of sharing information and resources.
Mike Voortman (Chairman)
Constantia Valley Watches Association (CVWA)
Mobile: 083 677 0639
Office: Tel 021 794 3367 Fax 0866979976
Sondelani House. Coniston Way, Constantia
Suite #34 Private Bag X16, Constantia 7848