Residents become active citizens when they log Service Requests on the City’s Service Notification system.
Report faults and service requests using the following options.
· Use the City’s Service Requests website https://eservices1.capetown.gov.za/coct/wapl/zsreq_app/index.html OR
· Email contactUS@capetown.gov.za OR
· SMS 31373 (no more than 160 characters) OR
· Call the City’s general call centre 086 010 3089
Departmental numbers are available for
· Electricity faults and enquiries – Faults all hours 0860 103 089 / SMS 31220 / Email email@example.com
· Illegal dumping – email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Metro Police and Traffic Services – call 0860 765 423
· Roads, Public Transport and Traffic issues – call 0800 656463 (toll-free)
· Solid Waste Collections and Cleansing – call 0860 103 089
· Traffic Signal Faults – call 0800 656463 (toll-free)
· Water + Sanitation issues – SMS 31373 / Email email@example.com
Life and property–threatening emergencies
Call the City’s 107 Response Centre on 107 (landline), 112 (cellphone toll-free) or 021 480 7700
Make sure that you provide
· a short description of your request or complaint,
· the location,
· your name, and
· your phone number.
You will receive a Reference Number whenever you log a service request, complaint or an emergency via the City’s Service Requests website or one of the City’s call centres.
The reference number can be used to follow up on the City’s website, or via email, SMS, or the City’s applicable call centre.
Make sure that you quote your unique reference number in all correspondence about the service request.
If you have not had success regarding your service request within a reasonable time, then contact your councillor Liz Brunette firstname.lastname@example.org or her assistant Natasha Theron Natasha.email@example.com to follow up on your behalf.
Councillor Liz Brunette
City of Cape Town: Ward 62 | Constantia, Bishopscourt, Fernwood, Wynberg west, Plumstead west
Cell: 082 823 6584 | Office: 021 444 8118
If you reside in the Meadowridge, Oakridge, Diepriver, Plumstead areas – you may contact your ward councillor Carol Bew cell 0824779444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org