It has been a busy night, morning and now afternoon in the valley as the #Capestorm continues to rage across the city.
While residents were tucked safely in their warm beds our volunteer patrollers, SAPS, Law enforcement partners, security companies, tow truck companies and more, braved the bitter cold and icy rain to assist with the clearing of debris from blocked roads and assist with damaged buildings and residential properties. Despite mother nature not letting up to give them a break, they continue to respond to the numerous calls for assistance from the community.
The teamwork and commitment from these individuals we have witnessed over the last few hours have been nothing short of incredible. It makes us proud to belong to such an amazing community.
CVWA would like to extend their heartfelt gratitude to all those that have braved the weather to assist wherever possible and continue to do so. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed.
We encourage all our residents, where possible, to avoid being on the road as we wait for the worst of the storm to hit. Live updates can be viewed on the following link https://www.windy.com/ .
The below are updates of various road closures and obstructions as at 07/06/2017 13h20:
- Rhodes/Alphen Drive (RESOURCES BUSY ON IT – ROAD NOT CLOSED)
- Oak avenue Constantia (1 TREE CLEARED – OTHER LEFT AS ON POWER LINE – CT CITY TO DEAL WITH)
- Venus Ave Constantia (ONLY CT COUNCIL CAN DO AS ON ELECTRICAL)
- Brommaert/Spaarman (CLEARED)
- Pinelaw Rd Diepriver (CLEARED)
- Poplar Rd Bergvliet (CLEARED)
- Firgrove Bergvliet (CLEARED)
- Klaasenbosch/Lombardie (CLEARED)
- Braefield Plumstead (CLEARED)
- Gemini Way Constantia (CLEARED)
- Charles Way Morningstar (CLEARED)
- Boundary Rd near Mediclinic (CLEARED)
- Sterlig Rd Kirstenhof (CLEARED)
- Brommersvlei Constantia (CLEARED)
- Hohenort Constantia (CLEARED)
- Spilhaus Constantia (CLEARED)
- Zommerlust Road Nova Constantia (CLEARED)
- Lizmore/Dennendal Tokai (CLEARED)
- Paggasvlei Road Nova Constantia closed (CLEARED)
- Rhodes Drive Constantia (CLEARED)
- Bel Ombre Constantia (CLEARED)
- Titantia Way Meadowridge (CLEARED)
Stay safe and sat warm!
07/06/2017 – 16h15
This office would like to thank the following persons/organisations/external role-players today for their dedication and assistance towards their community in terms of traffic control, tree-felling, assisting their fellow community members and other actions due to the extreme and dire weather conditions experienced today in the Diep River and surrounding precincts.
- CVIC control room and controllers
- Off duty SAPS Reservists
- Security Service Providers
- Auxiliary Law Enforcement Members
- CW4 Patrol Vehicle
- Patrollers from all watches
- Anyone else we may have not mentioned above
This office has been monitoring the radio throughout the day and have noticed the HUGE amount of team work being co-ordinated throughout the Precinct
All of you set an example to others and on behalf of Diep River SAPS we would like to thank you ALL for your efforts.
It is heart-warming to see how communities can come together to assist in times of distress.
Blessings to you all!
Cst Toring / Cst Marais
Sector Commanders 2 and 1
Tel: 021 710 7314 / Cell: 079 894 1553 / 079 894 0105
Fax2email: 086 481 1679/ 086 774 6441
“Customer is King”