It has been a good week for SAPS members in our valley. Whilst they may from time to time be short staffed or have issues with vehicle logistics, in the main most of them still do their best and are committed police officers, committed to serving our community. They have a group of active SAPS Reservists who assist them as force multipliers, and are backed up by various security companies, Law Enforcement, both full time and volunteers, as well as of course our valley NW volunteer patrollers.
Thursday 09/08/2018 – Woman’s day High VIS Blue lights Ops in the BKM area within the SAPS Diepriver precinct – BKM NW patrollers and SAPS reservists
LPR ALERT RESPONSES:
- Renault Stepway grey – suspicious MV – stopped in Plumstead – fines issued – AIO
- Toyota Bakkie white – suspect Business Robbery – stopped in Claremont – occupants profiled – Intel gained – AIO
- Audi A4 black – suspicious MV – stopped on M3 – VIN tested – FALSE plates destroyed – AIO
- Hyundai i10 white – suspicious MV – stopped in Constantia – VIN tested – fines issued for contravention NRTA – AIO
- VW Golf white – alleged gang affiliation – stopped in Constantia – Vehicle searched – fines issued – AIO
- BMW sedan white – Burglary Residential – stopped in Muizenberg – valuable Intel gained – AIO
- Diahatsu Charade black – suspect Drug Dealing – stopped in Claremont – 1 male detained for poss Narcotics – taken to Claremont CSC
- Chevrolet sedan white – monitored – occupants confirmed – Intel gained.
- Alpha Romeo yellow – eluded Police – monitored from Constantia – stopped in Hout Bay – 2 males detained – taken to Wynberg CSC.
Wall Jumper – 1 detained in Plumstead by Combat Force
Summary for the mini ops – 7 LPR stops – 16 Occupants profiled – 3 direct arrests made – R35,500 Fines issued by Law Enforcement for various offences ranging from No Drivers Licence, Illegal Trading, Unlicensed M/Vehicle etc. No serious crime reported across the Valley during this mini operation with SAPS reservists, assisted by patrollers and security companies and 1 LE MV
Some of the other SAPS LPR stops – this past week
- Motorcycle – Theft of MV – stopped in Bergvliet by SAPS Kirstenhof – 2 occupants detained on Diep River CAS – stolen Bike recovered
- Ford Laser white – Theft of MV – stopped in Muizenberg by SAPS F/squad – 6 occupants detained on Mitchelles Plain CAS – stolen MV recovered
- Ford Bantam bakkie white – Theft of MV – stopped in Fish Hoek by SAPS – 6 occupants detained – stolen MV recovered – taken to Fish Hoek CSC – assisted by Law Enforcement
- Toyota bakkie white – Theft common – stopped in Glencairn by SAPS – Abalone found – 3 males detained – taken to Fish Hoek CSC assisted by Law Enforcement
- Toyota RAV Silver – Theft of MV – stopped in Diep River by Diep River SAPS – 5 occupants detained – stolen MV recovered – taken to Diep River CSC – assisted by Flying Squad and Law Enforcement
- VW Polo red – ATM Fraud – stopped in Wynberg by Wynberg SAPS – 2 occupants profiled – Intel gained
- Toyota Corolla blue – After attempted shoplifting in Tokai a week ago, listed on LPRCLOUDSA data base – stopped in Knysna by K9 unit – approx. R25,000 presumed stolen goods found – 4 occupants detained at Knysna CSC.
Of course none of this could happen without our wonderful controllers at CVIC, both radio and LPR who make a fabulous team.
#TeamWork #LPR #SAPS #NHW #LE #NotOnOurWatch #ZeroTolerance